It also features a few triathlon-inspired touches: laces with link-sausagelike texture to stay tied, drainage through the shank, and perforations at the toe and heel for air flow (which K-Swiss calls its “FlowCool System”). The upper is open mesh with HF-welded midfoot overlays. The midsole is very low profile with a Superfoam crash pad and Strobel board for cushioning. There’s a small medial post for stability, which is especially useful in a racer since fatigue usually results in reduced biomechanical efficiency (you know, your form breaks down as you near the end of a race). Overall, the K-Ruuz is an excellent racer for the speedy, but it’s so lightweight that it’s better suited to shorter races.
- Sizes: men 8–12,13,14; women 5.5–10,11
- Weight: 6.0 oz. (men’s 11); 4.6 oz. (women’s 8)
- Shape: semi-curved Fit: snug heel, close-fitting forefoot
- For: medium- to high-arched feet with neutral biomechanics to very mild overpronation
- Range: efficient runners - up to 35K or beyond; heavy strikers - up to 15K